River Hongbao 2021 Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions (the “Conditions ”) for your participation in the River Hongbao 2021 event (the “Event”). By registering for the Event and/or participating in the Event, you (the “Participant”) agree to the Conditions set forth by the River Hongbao 2021 Organising Committee (the “Organiser”). If you are registering on behalf of another individual, it is your responsibility to ensure the person participating is aware of these terms and accepts them. By completing the registration on behalf of another individual, you are warranting that he/she is aware of these terms and that he/she has accepted these terms.
- As there is limited capacity for the Event, the Participant is required to register for a ticket via the Event’s online registration system to secure a spot before attending the Event.
- Tickets should not be sold, transferred, offered for sale or traded for any purpose.
- The Organiser reserves the right to approve or refuse any booking of tickets by any person or cancel any issued tickets which the Organiser believes are in breach of these Conditions, or for any other reason at the Organiser's sole discretion.
- If you are below 18 years of age, you are required to seek your parent or legal guardian’s permission and confirm that your parent or legal guardian has consented to these Conditions on your behalf.
- Online Registration
- Due to venue capacity limit, only a maximum of 2,000 participants are allowed for each timeslot. Participants are required to register for an available time slot through the online registration system before visiting Event grounds to avoid disappointment. By registering for the event, you declare that you're physically well and not in a high-risk group or situation. Those who are unwell or experiencing respiratory/flu symptoms are reminded to stay at home and avoid public contact.
- The Organiser reserves the right to decline entry to any Participant without a registered ticket should the Event reach its maximum visitorship capacity.
- All time slots indicated are accurate at the time of booking; with time slots indicated as follows:
Entry Gate closure
10 th February (Wednesday)
6.00pm - 10.30pm
11 th February (Thursday)
5.00pm - 7.00pm
7.30pm - 9.30pm
10.00pm - 12.15am
12 th February (Friday) to
16 th February (Tuesday)
2.00pm - 3.30pm
4.00pm - 5.30pm
6.00pm - 8.00pm
8.30pm - 10.30pm
17th February (Wednesday) to
19th February (Friday)
5.30pm 6.00pm - 8.00pm 6.30pm 8.00pm 8.30pm - 10.30pm 9.00pm 20th February (Saturday) 1.30pm 2.00pm - 3.30pm 2.30pm 3.30pm 4.00pm - 5.30pm 4.30pm 5.30pm 6.00pm - 8.00pm 6.30pm 8.00pm 8.30pm - 10.30pm 9.00pm
- The Participant shall visit the Event site in accordance with his/her registration details and timing, and shall vacate the Event grounds by the end of the visiting hours for the time slot he/she is attending.
- All registration shall be made through www.riverhongbao.sg . No other forms of registration and/or communication will be entertained.
- Upon successful registration, an email confirmation with QR code(s) will be sent to the email address provided by the Participant at the point of registration. Registration shall only be deemed to have been confirmed when an email confirmation is sent to the Participant confirming the booking.
- Bookings are based on a first-come-first-served basis and are subject to availability.
- Time slots are open for registration from 3 February 2021, 11am onwards. Booking release dates for the various event timeslots are as follows:
Booking Release Date and Time
10 and 11 Feb
3 Feb, 11am
12 and 13 Feb
4 Feb, 11am
14, 15 and 16 Feb
5 Feb, 11am
17 Feb to 20 Feb
16 Feb, 3pm
- Participants may change or cancel their booking via the online registration system from 6 February onwards. Changes will only be made subject to availability.
- Each Participant is entitled to register for only 1 time slot per day.
- The use of multiple identities to circumvent these Conditions or any applicable laws and regulations is strictly prohibited. If any Participant is found to be in breach of these Conditions and/or found to have circumvented, abused and/or wilfully disregarded these Conditions, the Participant may be refused entry on Event dates and prohibited from registering further for the Event.
- Due to venue capacity limit, each Participant is only allowed to register for a maximum of 4 individuals (including him/herself and his/her children).
- On-site Entry to Event
- Participants who have registered for a time slot online are to present the confirmation email with QR code(s) on the actual event day for entry into the Event.
- Check-in counters for pre-registered participants will open 30 minutes before and close 30 minutes after the starting time of each time slot. Participants who have registered online but arrive after the check-in counters close may be rejected entry.
- Security bag checks will be conducted before entry. To minimise contact with Participants’ belongings and to speed up the check-in process, Participants are advised to bring minimal baggage to the event.
- Participants may only start queuing for their allocated time slot after the check-in time and all Participants will be allowed entry only once during their time slot.
- Upon successful check-in at the various entry checkpoints, Participants will be issued with a coloured wristband for purposes of identification and verification of their time slot.
- For verification purposes, the Participant may be requested to present a valid photo identification at the entry checkpoints. Participants shall cooperate with all requests for verification.
- Participants are advised to take proper care of their wrist bands and ensure that wrist bands are worn at all times while within the Event site. The Organiser reserves the right to eject from the event any Participant without the correct wristband. The Organiser is also not obliged to replace any wrist band which has been issued.
- Participation in Event and Conduct of Participants
- All Participants are required to wear face masks at all times and check-in via SafeEntry before entering.
- All Participants are required to undergo temperature screening before entering the Event area. Visitors with temperature 37.5°C and above will be asked to leave the Event area and seek medical advice. The Event will also have safe-distancing ambassadors deployed and attractions will undergo scheduled disinfection during the event. Additionally, Participants are reminded to observe safe distancing by maintaining clear spacing of at least 1 metre at all times.
- When the Participant’s visiting time slot is up, he/she is required to exit safely and quickly. No extension of time slot is allowed.
- Please note that the conditions at the Event may vary, including access and protection from weather, terrain and facilities available. As some areas of the Event site do not have shelter, Participants are advised to take appropriate care for their hydration and protection from adverse weather conditions.
- There will be no sale of food within the Event area. No consumption of food is allowed within the Event area as well.
- The Participant is only permitted access to the open areas of the Event site and shall not enter any of the facilities or restricted areas designated by the Organiser. While at the Event, the Participant must always keep to the designated paths and steps.
- Any person under the age of 12 years of age must be accompanied and supervised at all times by his or her parent or guardian. The Organiser reserves the sole and absolute discretion to refuse to admit any person not complying with this Clause.
- The Participant shall be responsible for his/her personal belongings and/or personal equipment while participating in the Event.
- The Participant shall leave the Event site in a tidy and clean condition.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Event site.
- As there are many excitable elements in the Event, for safety considerations, pets are not allowed to be brought into the Event site.
- The Participant shall be mindful of other participants and members of the public in the Event site and shall cooperate with the Organiser’s staff to ensure a safe environment for all such Participants. The Participant shall adhere to all reasonable requests made by the Organiser’s staff.
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse to admit or to eject from the Event any Participant: (a) whose presence within the Event is, or could (in the Organiser’s sole discretion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person; and/or (b) where (in the Organiser’s sole discretion) circumstances relating to health and safety, environmental and/or security concerns require such refusal or ejection.
- Alterations to Event
- The schedule for the Event (whether published or otherwise) and its proposed format are only provisional and are subject to change if necessary due to adverse weather conditions or other reasons. The Organiser is not liable to the Participant for any changes in the participation or format of, or any other element of the Event or arising from the arrangement of a substitute event.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change attractions, activities, entertainment facilities, entertainment line-up, and Event site facilities, whether onsite or in the virtual environment.
- The Organiser and its partner(s) (if any) reserve the right to change, vary, replace, substitute, amend, postpone and/or cancel the Event or any part thereof, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, circumstances beyond the Organiser's control or in the interest of public safety or if postponement and/or cancellation is directed by the authorities, with or without prior notice. The Organiser bears no liability whatsoever in respect of such situations. The Organiser’s decision shall be final and conclusive.
- Announcement and updates relating to the Event may be announced on https://riverhongbao.sg.
- Photographs, Images & Recording, and Personal Data Protection
- Each Participant acknowledges and consents to the Organiser and third parties authorised by the Organiser making or recording film or other forms of moving pictures, still pictures, sound recordings of them. Each Participant hereby grants the Organiser and third parties authorised by the Organiser to use photographs, film, tape, or other images or likenesses of the Participant, or any sound recording, in any media (including publication within and outside Singapore) and for any purpose, in perpetuity, without identification, compensation or payment of any kind.
- The Organiser shall have the right to allow any authorised photographers and/or videographers into the Event for photography and/or video recordings for future advertising and promotional purposes without prior permission from the Participant.
- By participating in this Event, the Participant agree and consent to the Organiser independently collecting and using his/her personal data, including name, photograph(s) and other likenesses or identification number (as may be necessary) for the purposes of the Event, including for the purposes of verification of identity; ensuring the smooth operations of the Event; and for the marketing and promotion of the Event and/or the Organiser.
- The Participant agrees and consents to his/her personal data being collected, used, disclosed and processed for the following purposes, including but not limited to:
- Processing, administering, managing and validating his/her registration made under the online registration system which may involve communicating with him/her via various modes of communications such as e-mail, phone call and text messages;
- Dealing with or facilitating customer service, carrying out his/her instructions, or dealing with or responding to any enquiries given by him/her or on his/her behalf;
- Administering and promoting the Event, including to contact the winners (if any) of the Event;
- Publicity and/or advertising campaigns across all media, including in the Organiser’s printed publications, audio and/or visual presentations, promotional materials and/or its websites, whether in the original or edited format;
- Preventing or investigating any fraud, abuse of the service, unlawful activity or omission or misconduct, whether or not there is any suspicion of the aforementioned;
- Complying with or as required by any applicable law, governmental or regulatory requirements of any relevant jurisdiction;
- Conducting trends, research, analysis and development activities (including but not limited to data analytics, surveys, product and service development and/or profiling) to improve our services and/or to enhance guest experience;
- Producing statistics and research for internal and statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements; and
- Contacting Participant via mail, electronic transmission (e.g. E-mail, SMS, telephone) and other means of communication (whether via Singapore telephone numbers or otherwise) to inform Participant about products and services.
- By providing his/her personal data in connection with the registration, the Participant also agrees and consents to the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of his/her personal data by the Organiser and its respective authorised service providers, agents and/or affiliates which may be sited within or outside of Singapore, for the purposes listed herein.
- Where the Participant has provided personal data of individuals other than himself/herself, the Participant warrants and represents that the personal data of these individuals are legitimate and accurate, that the Participant is validly acting on behalf of and has the authority from each of these individuals, and that the Participant has obtained each of these individuals’ consent, to disclose his/her personal data to the Organiser and its related parties and for the Organiser and its related parties to collect, use, disclose and process his/her personal data for the purposes listed herein and in accordance to the terms herein.
- Indemnity and Liability
- As a condition of entry into the Event, the Participant acknowledges and accepts that the Event, and the activities associated therewith may be dangerous and attending the Event or being in or in the vicinity of the Event site may involve personal risk, and that attendance at the Event or the Event site is entirely at the Participant’s own risk.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, none of the Organiser, its related parties and the employees, officers, third party service providers, contractors and/or agents shall be responsible or held liable for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense (including any loss of profit or any special, indirect or consequential loss) however suffered or incurred by or caused to the Participant arising out of or in connection with the Participant’s access and/or participation in the Event, whether in an action based on contract, tort or otherwise.
- The Participant also agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Organiser, its related parties and the employees, officers, third party service providers, contractor and agents (collectively, the “ Indemnified Parties ”) from and against all actions, proceedings, claims, liabilities (whether criminal or civil), cost, expenses, fees and damages suffered and legal fees and costs incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties arising out of or in connection with the Participant’s breach of these Conditions and/or his/her participation in the Event.
- The Organiser may, in its sole discretion, update and amend the Conditions at any time and without liability or prior notice to the Participant. By proceeding with the registration and participation in the Event, the Participant agrees to be bound by the updated terms of the Conditions.
- The Participant may not assign or transfer any or part of his/her rights or obligations under the Conditions to any party.
- No failure by the Organiser to enforce any provision in the Conditions shall constitute a waiver of the right to subsequently enforce that provision or any other provision of the Conditions. Such failure shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach and shall not constitute a continuing waiver.
- If any applicable law or a court of competent jurisdiction holds or declares any provision of the Conditions to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable (whether in whole or in part), such provision shall be deemed modified to the extent, and only to the extent, of such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability and the remaining provisions of the Conditions shall not be affected.
- These Conditions are governed by the laws of Singapore and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Singapore.