节日信息 Festival Info
River Hongbao is one of the most celebrated Chinese New Year festival in Singapore, dating back as far as 1987.
Come and join Fu-er and Shou-er as we usher in the Year of the Rabbit 兔gether. Be dazzled by the lantern displays, spectacular stage performances and a host of other festivities at River Hongbao 2023. The event is FREE and no tickets are required for admission.
This event is jointly organised by the Singapore Federation of Chinese Clan Associations (新加坡宗乡会馆联合总会), Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (新加坡中华总商会), SPH Media Trust’s Chinese Media Group 新报业媒体有限公司华文媒体集团, the Singapore Tourism Board (新加坡旅游局), and the People’s Association (人民协会)..
Event Hotline: +65-692-92097
开放时间 Opening Hours
|20 January 2023||6.30 pm||10.30 pm|
|21 January 2023||6.30 pm||12.15 am|
|22 - 28 January 2023||2.30 pm||10.30 pm|
- Back for its 3rd edition at Gardens by the Bay, join River Hongbao’s new bunny mascots Prosperity (福儿) and Longevity (寿儿) for an amazing Chinese New Year experience at Gardens by the Bay. Enjoy glowing lantern displays, stage performances and carnival games, and learn about the evolution of greeting cards and Chinese motifs at an exhibition.
- Adding to the festive celebration are virtual activities, including an adorable bunny mascot AR filter on Tiktok that mimics your actions, a live Feng Shui show on Facebook, and online contests with prizes to be won.
Yes, fireworks will be returning to River Hongbao this year for one night only on 20th January 2023. Fireworks will be happening during our Opening Ceremony, starting at 8:00pm. For safety considerations, areas around the Supertree Grove will be cordoned off from 5.30 pm onwards. Visitors will not be allowed in the area. The food street and amusement rides at the Supertree Grove will only commence operation after 8.30 pm. OCBC Skyway and Supertree Observatory will close at 6:00pm.
No. Tickets are not required this year.
- For more information on the stage performances, please refer to https://riverhongbao.sg/nightly-festive-shows/ .
The Food Street returns to River Hongbao this year, serving snacks and drinks throughout the evening. Various dining options are also available near and within Gardens by the Bay. Visitors are advised to make plans ahead in anticipation for large crowds and long queues.
For visitors to the Gardens who wish to view Garden Rhapsody from our other vantage points, please consider watching from World of Plants albeit restricted views.
Yes, however do note that all visitors will be required to undergo bag checks.
- 20 Jan – Opening Hours with Mandatory Bag Checks: 6.30pm to 10.30pm.
- 21 Jan – Opening Hours with Mandatory Bag Checks: 6.30pm to 12.15am, Closure Hours: 5.30pm to 6.30pm.
- 22 to 28 Jan – Opening Hours with Mandatory Bag Checks: 2.30pm to 9pm, Closure Hours: 1.30pm to 2.30pm
Over 100 volunteers and auxiliary police officers will be deployed to manage the crowd during the event to minimise overcrowding at the different event areas. Crowd capacity situation will also be closely monitored by the auxiliary police. If the event capacity reaches its limit at certain areas, selected entry points may be closed temporarily for the crowd to be dispersed before reopening.
- Yes, the River Hongbao grounds are largely barrier-free and wheelchair accessible.
- Visitors on wheelchairs or with strollers should use Exits 1A, 2 and 3, where there are lifts or ramps.
You may approach any staff within the event grounds for assistance.
- Due to prevailing government capacity controls and to better facilitate crowd control, the event grounds at the Supertree Grove and The Meadow will be gated.
- Admission is free, however, do note that all bags are subject to security checks
- Bicycles, skate scooters and other PMDs
- Pets except guide dogs
- Remote controlled devices including drones
- Sharp objects such as pocket knife and scissors
- Pyrotechnic devices such as flares or fireworks
- All items listed under SPF prohibited items
As there are many excitable elements at the event, pets are not allowed at River Hongbao for safety considerations.
No, bicycles, scooters, skateboards and personal mobility devices (PMDs) are not allowed into the event grounds.
There are mobile toilets, information and first-aid counters available within the River Hongbao event grounds.
- River Hongbao is a rain or shine event. As this is an outdoor event with limited shelter available, visitors are encouraged to bring umbrellas and ponchos in case it rains.
- Outdoor activities may be postponed and/or cancelled due to weather conditions.
- Cards and credits are not exchangeable or refundable. Enquiries regarding the amusement rides can be send to: [email protected]
Parking spaces are limited during the festive season. Visitors are advised to commute through public transport. Parking options are available at the The Meadow (nearest), Bayfront Plaza, Main Entrance and Satay by the Bay.
There are 3 entrances to the River Hongbao event:
- If you are coming by: Bayfront MRT station – The nearest entrance is Meadow Bridge (Checkpoint 2)
- If you are coming by Meadow carpark / Meadow drop-off – The nearest entrance is Meadow Carpark (Checkpoint 3)
- If you are coming by Basement carpark / Main entrance drop-off/ Satay by the Bay carpark / Gardens by the Bay MRT Station – The nearest entrance is Floral Clock (Checkpoint 1)
- You may walk past Shake Shack & Floral Clock towards Supertree Grove. The nearest entrance is Checkpoint1.
- You may get onto Dragonfly Bridge along Scented Walk and walk through Heritage Gardens to arrive at the Conservatories.
- Visitors coming from Meadows or Bayfront Plaza carparks, can make your way through:
- Supertree Grove where River Hongbao is currently located OR
- via Scented Walk for the
- Do note that visitors walking through Supertree Grove to access other parts of the Gardens will be required to undergo bag checks.